Eliane Raheb nous a envoyé son CV et sa filmographie. Un excellent moyen pour aborder son itinéraire cinématographique et découvrir son œuvre.
Eliane Raheb is a female director born in Lebanon.
She has studied Audiovisual and cinema studies at St Joseph university, Lebanon (Diploma 1994)
She attended a summer school at La Femis, Paris (1993)
She attended a scriptwriting year training (PROFFIL) lead by La Femis, IESAV and ALBA in Lebanon (1997)
She attended a Masters of cinema studies at Paris 8 university (1998)
Eliane Raheb directed several award winning short films and documentaries.
Her main achievements include the documentary titles Sleepless Nights (ranked 5th in the Sight and Sound magazine’s classification for the best documentaries of 2013) and “Mayyel Ya Ghzayyel” (Those who remain), a 95 min documentary has participated in more than 50 film festivals and has won 5 awards.
Eliane Raheb is the founder of ITAR Productions, a company that has produced several documentaries awarded in festivals and aired on ARTE/ZDF, France 24, NHK, Al Jazeera documentary and Al Jadeed channels.
Eliane Raheb is also a founding member of the Association for Cinema “Beirut DC” within which she has directed several documentary workshops and played the role of artistic director for its Arab Film Festival Ayam Beirut Al Cinema’iya (Beirut Cinema Days) during six editions.
She gave documentary courses at St Joseph University between 2003 and 2016 and has supervised more than 200 student documentary films.
Between 2014 and 2015, Eliane Raheb was invited to give several lectures about her films and about Arab cinema in some prestigious universities around the world, mainly in Harvard, Georges Town, Georges Mason, Brown at the USA.
Between March and September 2015, Eliane Raheb was an artist in residency in Berlin, guest of the prestigious DAAD arts program.
In May 2015, her new feature documentary project “Miguel’s war” was selected to participate in La Fabrique des cinemas du monde program in Cannes festival.
Between March and August 2016, she was selected to be an artist in residency at La cite des Arts- Paris.
Currently, Eliane Raheb is finishing the production of “Miguel’s war”, a feature documentary that won the Robert Bosch grant in 2016 (co-produced by Kabinett films, Berlin)
She is also preparing her next feature documentary “The great family”.
FULL FILMOGRAPHY AS A WRITER/ DIRECTOR/ PRODUCER
- 2016: “Mayyel Ya Ghzayyel” (Those who remain), a 95 min documentary that premiered in Dubai festival and received the jury award for the feature film. It has participated in more than 50 film festivals so far and has won 5 awards.
The film has been aired on France 3 TV, Al Jadeed and BBC Arabic
- 2012: “Layali Bala Noom” (Sleepless nights), a 128’ creative documentary that has been screened in more than 60 film festivals.
It received the Best Documentary Award at the Bird’s Eye View, the Human Rights Award at the Bilbao Cine Invisible Festival, the Critics’ Award for Best Film at the Ismailia Film Festival, the Best Documentary award at the Women Film Festival of Valencia and the award for Best Feature at the LAIFF Festival in Argentina.
Sleepless Nights was released in 3 movie theaters in Lebanon, in “Les 3 Luxembourg” art house cinema in Paris. It was screened in Arsenal Cinema, Berlin.
The film was aired in Al Jazeera and Al Jadeed channels with a rating view of 250000 persons.
– 2008: “Hayda Lubnan” (This is Lebanon), a 58’ creative documentary which has received the Excellency Award at the Yamagata Film Festival, and was broadcasted on ARTE/ZDF, Al Jadeed and NHK.
– 2003: “Intihar” (Suicide), a 26’ creative documentary that has received the silver conch at Mumbai festival in India and was aired on Arabia TV.
– 2002: “Karib Baiid (So near yet so far), a 59’ creative documentary shown in Goteborg, Rotterdam, Lincoln center NY, Institut du Monde Arabe and aired on Arabia TV.
– 1996: “Meeting”, short docudrama, 28’
– 1995: “Al Aard Al Akhir” (The Last screening), a 12 min 16mm film, winner of 5 awards